Re: Show My Homework
Two years ago, we made the exciting move to recording homework via an app or desk top computer rather than in the Student Planner. Whilst the app proved very successful and popular, particularly with parents, there were issues around its reliability and functionality which limited its overall success and impact.
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the new system, ‘Show My Homework’, which we will be implementing over the coming weeks. Once again it is a website / App which can be accessed via a mobile phone, tablet or desk top computer. The new system provides a much more comprehensive service and represents our on-going commitment to improving your child’s experience, part of which is providing them with meaningful learning opportunities outside of the classroom that continue to challenge them and ensure they realise their full potential.
Over the course of this week, staff and students will be signing up to the app/online version of www.showmyhomework.co.uk. This is a free service for students and tutors will be distributing student pins that allow them to login and register. Students will also be able to complete this in their IT lessons.
There are many advantages to this app, one being that as parents, you also receive a pin and can therefore see what homework your child has been set, when the homework is due in and any resources that relate to the homework. This then allows you to support your child with their homework and also their time management. However, should either yourself or your child misplace your pin, you can still get an overview of what homework has been set through accessing the main website, typing in Headlands School and searching for your child’s classes. In addition, notifications will be sent reminding your child of their deadlines and therefore ensuring they remain focused and on track.
In order to sign up and allow you to support your child, please follow the simple instructions below:
1. Go to www.showmyhomework.co.uk on your desktop, or search for the ‘showmyhomework’ app on your phone and download this. There is a link to the site / APP on the school’s website (click on ‘Links’ in top right hand corner)
2. Scroll down under the login box and follow the following link:
3. Enter the School’s name: Headlands School and the Pin code you have been supplied with; once you have done this, click to confirm you are the parents / carer of the named student and press enter.
4. Enter the details as requested; you will need an active e-mail account, and then save. You should then get the following message:
5. Once you click continue, you will have access to your child’s homework calendar and homework tasks.
We believe this is a positive move forward in ensuring effective communication between home and school in relation to the setting and completion of high quality homework.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs G Rogers
Assistant Head (Learning & Progress)